4 May 2022, 2 to 5 pm
Beckmanns Hof an der Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universitätsstraße 150, Bochum
Research shows that neighborhoods and neighbors are important for our everyday life. Infrastructure, but also social relations, are concentrated in those small-scale spatial units, which have an impact on the life chances of its residents. However, neighborhood relations are also important to overcome crises, like the Covid-19 pandemic, or to reach a more sustainable lifestyle Those relations and further topics will be discussed at the scientific workshop »Making Neighborhoods”— Being Made by Neighborhoods«.
- George Galster, Distinguished professor, Wayne State University Detroit
With contributions from
- Sören Petermann (RUB/ZEFIR)
- Susanne Frank (TU Dortmund)
- Heike Hanhörster (ILS) and Isabel Ramos Lobato (Helsinki Institute of Urban and Regional Studies): The `mixed neighbourhoods´ planning paradigm and its impact on migrants´ access to the housing market
- Torsten Böltiung (EBZ, InWis)
- Sebastian Kurtenbach (FH Münster/ GUD & RUB)
Entrance free. You can find more information in the flyer.